Prescription - Assisted Weight Loss Program
Contrary to what you may have been led to believe, there is no 7, 14 or 21-day diet that is sustainable. Weight loss and specifically healthy weight loss, is a journey which includes a lot of education, the appropriate amount of fitness integration, reassurance, nutrition coaching and perseverance. These diet fads, like the paleo diet, whole 30, etc. provide results for the short term but most of the weight is regained once you stop the diet and return to your previous habits.
For patients who have struggled with weight loss and suffer weight-related issues, then weight loss medications might be right for you in conjunction with the appropriate nutrition and fitness program. Unfortunately, not everyone who is overweight is a candidate for weight loss medications and this is something that will be explored during the consultation.
- Our program starts with an Inbody composition analysis which provides basic information for assessing the status of your body. It provides information on your body fat, body water, visceral fat, muscle mass, etc.
- This information along with other vital data is aggregated along with a questionnaire and medical history form.
- This is then followed by an in-person, face-to-face, physician consultation to determine whether you will be an appropriate candidate.
- Once you have been deemed to be an appropriate candidate for the prescription-assisted weight loss, you will then undergo a complete fitness assessment with our personal trainers/ movement specialists to determine which exercise regimen will best suit your body type, frame, muscle mass, etc. It is during this segment, that we have been able to identify joints or muscle groups that may impede your successful participation in our fitness programs and possibly need attention from our Physical Therapy consultant.
- Depending on your level of fitness as determined during your fitness assessment, you may be able to choose from and participate in one of our existing group classes or choose to work one-on-one with a personal trainer.
- We strongly recommend you get an ALCAT test which provides information on up to 350 possible foods or chemical sensitivity that could possibly be slowing down your weight loss and thus may need to be eliminated from your diet.
- Armed with this data, we urge you to consider having a diet plan customized for you by one of our nutrition coaches or have it prepared and pre-portioned for you by one of our approved food vendors for a period of time. Typically, up to 12 weeks or longer. This takes away the stress of having to take a day a week to prep and prepare your foods so you can use that time instead to focus on self love. Just having to walk to your refrigerator or freezer, and choose what you want to eat for that meal and microwave it, can be a life saver!
Goals will be set and a progress map will be designed for you. There will be periodic, strategic weigh-ins and subsequent follow-up Inbody assessments to follow your progress to help make modifications to your customized plan.